INTRODUCTION TO ETCHING By LOUISE SCOTT
May 19th or May 26th 11am - 4pm
Have you ever fancied trying your hand at the printing technique called Etching?
Been too wary of a long, expensive workshop in case you find you didn’t like it?
Why not come along to a daylong taster session at:
WASPS STUDIOS, Hanson Street, Dennistoun, Glasgow on 19th May or 26th May, 11am-4pm.
The day will consist of:
- A brief history of printmaking.
- A run through of the process from drawing to printing with one of my own etchings.
- You transferring an image of your own choice onto a copper plate using tracing paper and then etching tools. NO artistic talent necessary!
- Lunch while the plates are put in etching solution.
- You printing your own etched plate and making a small edition of prints
What you will need to bring with you:
- An apron
- a pencil
- A simple image to work from
- Your lunch
All other materials and tea/coffee supplied by Louise
6 participants maximum on each day
If you are interested in booking or for more information please email email@example.com