The Perth Creative Exchange studio project is due for completion late 2019. The former St John's primary School site in Stormont Street will create 26 artist studios and space for 13 creative businesses.
Works have commenced on site and will be complete in Autumn/Winter 2019.
In the meantime, we have been working hard to connect with creative people based in Perth to help them find out more about this creative hub project and what it will provide.
Perth Creative Exchange is being developed by Perth and Kinross Council and managed by Wasps and will provide:
- 26 studio spaces for artists, designers and makers
- 13 workspaces for creative industries and cultural social enterprises
- Creative business incubation space (Famous Grouse Ideas Centre)
- Hot desk space
- Networking opportunities
- A teaching / workshop space
- A project space for exhibitions and workshops
- A public cafe
To date we have carried out the following work:
- Demand Survey in 2014 – Overwhelming demand identified for a Creative Hub
- Various locations reviewed and former school (St John’s) identified
- Design development progressed
- Creative Industry Research and Full Business plan developed
- 2016 Fundraising successful
- Consultation with local creative community at key stages
We currently have over 60 expressions of interest to date for artist studios. Interest from co-operatives is now being sought to share spaces and equipment (e.g. glass/ ceramics/ printmakers). If you are a creative person based in or around Perth and would like to register your interest in this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our formal application procedure will open on 13th May 2019. we will contact all creative people that have registered an interest via email before sharing our application pack via local creative networks, social media and on our website.