Reporting to the Management Accountant the Finance Assistant is a key member of Wasps finance team. The primary purpose of the role is the provision of finance support for Wasps’ three group companies (Wasps Trust, Wasps Ltd and Wasps Creative Industries CIC). Wasps operates 19 buildings with studios rented to around 900 tenants across Scotland. Wasps Group has an annual turnover of approx. £2m and around 30,000 SAGE transactions per year.
The duties of the post will include:
• Assist the Management Accountant in preparing annual accounts.
• Assist the Management Accountant in preparing the annual budget.
• Assist the Management Accountant in the production of quarterly management accounts, reports and KPI analysis.
• Prepare accruals and prepayments for all utility contracts.
• Prepare the monthly tenant roll changes.
• Assist the Management Accountant with the monthly rent collection process.
• Post supplier invoices and payments to the nominal ledger.
• Reconcile inter-company balances and transfer necessary funds.
• Management of daily cash balances.
• Ensuring authorisation of invoices and preparation of creditor payments in line with approved authorisation levels.
• Assist the Management Accountant in the management of debtors and chasing rent arrears.
• Bank cheques and cash as necessary.
• Reconcile bank balances on Sage.
• Dealing with petty cash.
• Liaising with utility suppliers and negotiating supply contracts.
• Other duties as instructed by the Management Accountant or Executive Directors.
• Assist in the preparation and issuing of tenant leases.
1. HND in accountancy/finance or equivalent relevant experience.
2. Previous Finance Assistant experience in a similar role.
3. Ability to efficiently manage your workload and prioritise as appropriate to meet targets and deadlines.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills.
5. IT Skills – Microsoft Office, in particular Excel (Advanced, including PIVOT tables and VLOOKUP’s) and Word
6. Excellent knowledge of SAGE accounting software.
7. Excellent problem solving skills.
8. Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to communicate complex information with a wide and diverse range of stakeholders in a format appropriate to each.
9. Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
10. Ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders, collaboratively and in a team-oriented way.
1. Experience of dealing with multiple geographical sites.
2. Experience of dealing with multiple utility companies.
3. Experience of dealing with collection of debtors via Direct Debit.
4. Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM system.
5. Experience of working within a charity or Social Enterprise.
To apply please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter outlining why you consider yourself suitable for this position. Please include contact names, phone numbers and email addresses for 2 referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer.
Applications should be submitted by no later than 5pm on Friday 11 January 2019, by email to: Stuart McCue-Dick (Executive Director – Corporate Services) - email@example.com
Submissions should be titled: Private and Confidential ‐ Job Application
For initial discussions regarding the role please call Stuart McCue-Dick, Executive Director –Corporate Services on 0141 553 5890.