Property Maintenance Officer
The Property Maintenance Officer role will be focused on ensuring our property portfolio is maintained and kept in good repair. Wasps has 19 properties across Scotland ranging in scale, condition and construction, housing over 800 artist tenants. The property maintenance officer will be an integral part of a team, led by the Head of Property. The role will require working closely with our contractors to provide a high level of service to our tenants to maintenance and repair the Company’s property portfolio. The role will be based in Wasps’ Glasgow office, at The Briggait, with travel required on a regular basis throughout Scotland, so a driving licence is an essential requirement.
The main duties of the post will include:
• Visiting studio buildings throughout the country on a regular basis to assess and document maintenance requirements to the building fabric. Inspection of plant and machinery as well as, monitoring our legislative compliance such as health and safety, building risk assessments for each building and reporting on these to the Head of Property.
• Liaise with studio representatives at each building and ensure the building’s safe and efficient operation and ensuring that tenants within their individual studios comply with current health & safety legislation.
• Handling queries and notifications from tenants in respect of the repair and maintenance of the property estate and accurately recording these matters onto a database.
• Responding promptly and appropriately to maintenance issues as and when these arise, and resolving these efficiently and cost effectively.
• Obtaining quotations, instructing and overseeing the work of contractors to ensure that works are carried out to an acceptable standard.
• Overseeing maintenance contracts to ensure plant and machinery is regularly maintained and managed to comply with current legislation.
• Managing, in conjunction with the Head of Property, maintenance budgets and reporting on expenditure for each property.
• Maintaining accurate and up to date records of maintenance and repair works throughout the estate.
• In conjunction with the Head of Property managing and compiling reports on all legislative requirements and enforcing compliance with such requirements.
• Working in conjunction with the Head of Property, to create an up to date and accurate photographic record on the condition of the properties throughout the estate highlighting in particular cyclical maintenance recommendations and Planned Preventative Maintenance information is accurate.
• Reporting to the Head of Property on all property related matters throughout the estate.
• Filing material appropriately and methodically to ensure accurate records of the estate are kept and maintained.
• Inspecting and ensuring cleaners are performing their duties in each building and reporting findings to the Head of Property.
• Working with external partners/ funders to identify energy efficiency measures within each property and along with the Property Team, devise a strategy to implement such measures.
• Any other duties as required by the Head of Property and Senior Executive Director – Business Development.
• Good working knowledge of current building construction methods, building regulations and Health & Safety Legislation.
• Experience of instructing and supervising contractors on site.
• Delivering high standards of customer service to all tenants.
• Ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders, collaboratively and in a team-oriented way.
• Ability to efficiently manage your workload and prioritise as appropriate to meet targets and deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), with the ability to communicate complex information with a wide and diverse range of stakeholders in a format appropriate to each.
• Excellent administrative and organisational skills with the ability to develop comprehensive systems and procedures.
• Excellent computer skills, including Excel, Word and databases.
• Hold a valid driving licence and have access to own vehicle.
To apply please send a copy of your CV along with a covering letter outlining why you consider yourself suitable for this position. Please include contact names, phone numbers and email addresses for 2 referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer.
Applications should be submitted by no later than 5pm on Friday 14 December, by email to:
Stuart McCue-Dick (Executive Director – Corporate Services) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions should be titled: Private and Confidential ‐ Job Application
For initial discussions regarding the role please call Alan Simpson (Head of Property) on 0141 553 5890.