South Block Receptionist
Admin, Arts, Marketing & Property Support
The role is an important post within the organisation as it will be the first point of contact at South Block for most of the enquiries from our tenants and the general public. It will also provide support to property, marketing and arts enterprise.
South Block is a fantastic creative hub in the heart of Glasgow’s Merchant City. It currently houses over 100 visual artists and creative industry companies working in design, architecture, digital media, games development and training. South Block was developed by Wasps Studios and Wasps’ Creative Industries CIC and opened in late 2011. It is a vibrant hub for Glasgow’s creative community who can meet and come together in All That Is Coffee, South Block’s popular coffee shop. In 2013 South Block won the RIAS Andrew Doolan Prize for “Best Building in Scotland”.
The Receptionist will report to the Executive Director – Corporate Services at Wasps Limited and will first and foremost provide reception and front of house support for South Block. Duties will include:
• Provide a warm welcome to all South Block companies, their clients and visitors.
• Update and maintain meeting room bookings.
• Manage, sort and direct all incoming mail and deliveries.
• Report any building maintenance problems to Wasps’ maintenance team.
• Manage, programme and issue keys, ensuring all keys are accounted for at all times.
• Provide support in organising and helping with installation and invigilation at evening and weekend exhibitions and events.
• Assist with running the Arts Enterprise tenant shop based in the reception space.
• Update company names on tenant directories.
• Deal with any tenant enquiries about the operation of the building.
• Circulate information to building users.
• Provide the public with information about South Block and Wasps Studios.
• Assist with updating social media and marketing for South Block.
• Manage the rota with the other post holder to maintain continuity of service.
• Other duties as instructed by the senior management team of Wasps Limited or Executive Directors.
As first point of contact for companies and visitors, the receptionist is a vital role for the smooth running of South Block. To be suitable for this role you must have the following values, attitude and experience:
• Qualified or previous experience in administrative/reception role
• Good timekeeping
• A friendly and welcoming manner
• Smart appearance
• Excellent face to face customer service skills
• Good organisational skills
• Computer literate
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• An interest in the arts and creative industries
• Previous retail experience is desirable
• Some flexibility of working hours to cover holidays and additional hours as required
• Flexible and positive approach to your work and helping out Wasps and other companies at South Block
Place of Work
The post will be based at South Block, 60 Osborne Street, Glasgow, G1 5HQ with the possibility of very occasional duties at Wasps’ Head Office located nearby at The Briggait, 141 Bridgegate, Glasgow G1 5HZ.
Hours of Work
The normal hours of work are 20 per week:
Monday 1pm – 5pm
Tuesday 1pm – 5pm
Wednesday 1pm – 5pm
Thursday 1pm – 5pm
Friday 9am – 1pm
This is a job share position and the post holder may be required to work additional hours to cover the opposite job share position at times of holiday, sickness or absence. There will also be occasional evening/weekend out of hours work at times to cover events at the building.
The rate of pay is £9,100 per annum for working 20 hours per week. This is payable in arrears by credit transfer to your bank account in monthly intervals on or around 28th day of each month. This annual rate equates to an hourly rate of £8.75 and the post holder will be paid for actual hours worked (including any additional hours) as recorded on a time sheet.
For further details please contact:
Stuart McCue-Dick, Executive Director – Corporate Services
Glasgow G1 5HZ
Tel: 0141 553 5890
Please submit your CV along with a covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for the role to Stuart McCue-Dick at the above email address by Friday 14 December at 5pm. Please include notice period, current salary and contact names, phone numbers and email addresses for 2 referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. Submissions should be titled: Private and Confidential - Job Application
For more information please see side bar for full application pack.