Courtyard Studios is a purpose-built studio complex built in 1994 on Irvine's regenerated harbour front. With funding from Creative Scotland we were able to buy and refurbish the buildings. We now currently provide 17 studios housing 15 artists. The Courtyard has a vibrant creative community and is home to artists with diverse practices.
All of the studios have shop-front access and are open to the public all year round so please feel free to drop in and speak to the artists about their work.
Apply for an artist studio
Our artist studios are intended to support visual and applied artists and makers. We operate a registered waiting list and ask anyone looking to rent a studio with Wasps to apply to our waiting list. For all information on how to apply to the register, as well as details on our lettings process and studio eligibility please visit this section of our website. On occasion, we have studios and offices advertised outwith our registered waiting list. You can find these here: Available Studios & Offices.
Being a Wasps Tenant
With over 40 years worth of expertise, we are the UK’s largest provider of affordable studio space for artists and creative industries.
Tenants of the Wasps community receive the following benefits:
• Affordable studio prices with no hidden costs - utilities and Wifi are all inclusive in artist studios (rates apply for creative offices)
• Building security - all our buildings are either owned or on long term rentals
• 24/7 secure access all year round
• Part of our community of almost 1,000 artists and creatives in our 20 buildings across Scotland
• Exhibiting and selling opportunities through our Arts & Enterprise programme including:
⁃ Exhibitions - over 50% of artists exhibited in our gallery programmes are tenants
⁃ Makers Markets
⁃ South Block shop
⁃ Open Studios
⁃ Art Fairs
• Ability to join our Own Art scheme
• Support and expertise from Wasps’ staff team
• Promotion on our website with an artist profile
The Courtyard Studios are a ten minute walk from the train station along Harbour Street on the harbour front. The studios are next door to the Ship Inn. There is free parking available within the studio complex.