The Wasps Arts Programme 2023 will focus on providing our tenants with the opportunity to exhibit work or experiment with new ideas and we now invite applications from artists and makers who would like to participate in the forthcoming programme. Seventeen exhibition slots of varying lengths (three up to eight weeks) are available across our three galleries – The Briggait (Glasgow), Perth Creative Exchange and Inverness Creative Academy.
In 2022 as we emerged from the pandemic we were able to welcome more people into our spaces and support more artists with exhibitions. Further to this, with the opening of Inverness Creative Academy, we saw exhibition sales soar with increased footfall from residents and tourists and we are keen to continue building on this momentum.
These exhibition slots come with the following support: an artist fee of £300 per exhibition, optional public preview event, marketing and social media support (subject to information and images being provided on time by the exhibitor) including:
- A listing in the bi-annual printed programme
- A listing on Wasps “what’s on” section of website
- Printed exhibition material including 50x A3 Posters (artist to provide copy), price labels and a floorplan/inventory
- Inclusion in a seasonal, regional outdoor poster campaign
- For those that wish to make their work available to purchase, Wasps will facilitate all exhibition sales, including those through the Own Art Scheme (read more about it here on the Wasps Tenant Portal). The commission rate for this is 25% Wasps, 75% artists, and artists are paid the commission by the usual invoice raising process. Further details for all of the above will be provided to successful applications through an artist agreement contract.
To view the available slots and submit an application, click here. The deadline for applications is Tuesday 15 November, 5pm. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by Thursday 15 December.